- Bitcoin address: 1NYzcAmTTiyMphScAUkgRqKATzDCpHPtiG
- Set the video format to HTML5 under you account profile. This will add a speed option to the videos (under Chrome and Safari). Update: this method doesn't seem to be working anymore
- Download Enounces's MySpeed which lets you accelerate or slow down flash videos.
- Improve your understanding of CS concepts. If you're already taking a CS course, making videos will solidify your learning.
- Get better at explaining concepts (a highly valued skill in the industry).
- Hacker CS looks really nice on your resume.
- Contribute to meaningful work that's guaranteed to be useful to many.
- Monetize your videos with ads.
- and more...
The short version of the goal is: Hacker CS seeks to be the Khan Academy of computer science.
The longer version: Hacker CS plans to make a basic education in computer science accessible to all through the use of free online video tutorials. We're hard at work complementing our library of videos with various theoretical and exercise tutorials, starting with the basic fundaments of CS and moving on to more complex topics.
Thanks for asking! We're currently working on this project in our spare time, and we'd appreciate any contribution on your part.
If you are proficient in computer science and love making video tutorials, send us a link to a sample video of yours and we'll get back to you. If you feel you can make the site look or function better (we're on Django), please give us a shout too () or go ahead and fork the code and send us pull requests.
If none of that appeals to you, you can support Hacker CS by donating to keep us running. You can do that via:
You can furthermore encourage us to make more videos by subscribing to our YouTube channels (see below), liking our videos if you do, commenting on the ones you want us to improve, ask questions about videos,... In short, be engaged with our videos on YouTube :)
Besides pausing and skipping parts of a video, you can try out any of these two solutions:
If you know of a better way to do this, please do let us know of it.
You bet! There's a growing demand for quality online video tutorials on computer science and programming. The traffic to our site and videos has been steadily increasing ever since we started. If you think you can help us on our journey to quenching the planet's thirst for CS material, consider sharing your knowledge in the form of short tutorial videos. You don't need to worry about the equipment, we'll supply you with a tablet and microphone if needed.
Contact us at and we'll take it from there. If you've already produced video tutorials of any type, please send us a sample too!
If you're interested, contact us at with a sample video of yours and we'll take it from there.
I love making those videos, and I'm always trying to find time to put into this project. I've been really busy lately, hence the interruption in making videos. If you think you can help in any way, please get in touch at .
Feel free to fork my code and send me pull requests with any improvements to the site.